What is the best heat press machine?
We own four different heat transfer machines, and have been working with them for many years now. We want to share what we’ve learned as you look for your new machine.
There is no single ‘best t shirt press’ for everybody. It’s going to depend on your budget, the features you need, and what you’re using it for. However, we think we’ve got something for everybody here!
1. Power Press Heat Press
This PowerPress t-shirt heat press features several improvements from previous models. Therefore, it guarantees excellent performance. The Power Press heat press has been an Amazon best seller for many years now, and for good reason!
We personally own the PowerPress press, and it has served us well for all sorts of projects. We make gifts for friends and family, and then use it for small t shirt orders.
- Heating Plate: Heat Press 15×15 inch. Voltage: 110V. Power: 1400 W
- Silicon Gel Base Board. Pressure adjustable
- Replaceable Fuse: Protect machine from overheating and electric short Silicon gel base board Pressure adjustable
- LCD Control Board: Fully digital temperature and time control. Temperature Range: 32-455 F Time Range:0-999 s
- Teflon coated heating plate: Don’t need coated sheet anymore, harmless to the cloth, convenient to clean, and provide attractive appearance.
- It will produce a pungent smell when you use it for the first time. Many heat press machines do this. Make sure you open the windows to let that smell out.
- Can have faults (like all cheap machines)
The Power Press is good for home craft use, and for getting started in t shirt business. It’s affordable, it has all of the basic features and functions that you need, and it gets the job done! and then it is not ideal for a busy business operation where it would be in use all day, every day.
2. FancierStudio T Shirt Press
If you are looking for the best t-shirt printer machine for t-shirts production, this is your perfect match! This machine has been specially designed to make it easy for you to transfer those eye-grabbing, unique designs on your t-shirt.
Being a commercial-grade model, you can use it to work on large t-shirt printing projects for your customers. And you can be sure to get repeat clients due to the excellent quality output by the machine.
- Commercial-grade heat press
- Heavy duty machine; built to last
- Swing-away design
- Adjustable pressure setting
- Digital timer and temperature control
- Temperature range of up to 750F
- Highly versatile machine that allows you to transfer to a wide variety of items
- Not made to last forever
3. Cricut Heat Press
Cricut is a highly respected brand, known for creating high-quality products that function well and last. They have good customer support, and a lot of online resources.
This machine is best for crafters, making t shirts at home, beginners, and teen crafts. It’s not so good for making items to sell, or for pressing a lot of shirts at once. It does reach 400°F, so is suitable as a sublimation heat press. Cricut Easypress 2 Vs Easypress Mat here.
- It’s a cheap and easy to learn how to use heat press
- 4 different sizes (mini, 6×7, 9×9, & 12×10)
- Firmware updates through USB
- Quick set up and heat up time
- Great online support, resources, & community
- You must manually apply pressure
- Largest size is 12 x 10 inches
4. The MPress T Shirt Heat Press
The MPress 15″ x 15″ Heat Press Transfer Machine is a durable machine that makes it easy for you to start your new t-shirt business RIGHT AWAY!
This entry-level machine will allow you to transfer your own printed images with heat transfer paper as well as your vinyl heat transfers and your rhinestone transfers! With the MPress Heat Press, you can customize your own t-shirts, sweatshirts, mousepads, ceramic tiles, coasters, and so much more!
To start off a successful t-shirt business, a heat transfer press is a vital piece of equipment. A t-shirt press machine being an integral component makes it important to select the best t-shirt heat press in the market.
- Strong heavy duty machine
- Range of sizes to choose from
- Non stick platen with cast in heating element
- Digital time & temperature settings
- Good for all the usual heat transfer applications
- Not the smoothest action
5. F2C Multifunction Heat Press
The Promo Heat 15 in. X 15 in. Sublimation Heat Transfer Press Machine is a highly flexible and extremely easy-to-use machine! It enables you to create your own mouse pads, customer t-shirts, license plates, tote bags, and so much more.
The fact that this machine is shipped fully assembled and ready to use is a huge plus for you.
One thing that makes this machine stand from the rest is the Teflon coating it comes with. As you know, this is a non-stick surface that plays a crucial role in preventing scorching of your transfers. So you won’t have to invest in a separate Teflon/silicone sheet.
- Large heating element- 15” x 15” for versatile operation
- Extensive temperature range of up to 750F
- Digital LCD timer and temperature control
- Easy to access, top mounted control
- Clamshell style machine
- Teflon coating included
- Cheap versions are error prone
- Not as good results as with dedicated machines
- Can be fiddly to use
6. TUSY T Shirt Press
Tusy heat press is great for long term projects because of its durability people like it the most. This is also known as 8 in 1 heat press machine. This heat press is excellent for garments, mouse mats, sweatshirts, banners, comic books, blankets and much more. Also, this machine comes with an LCD control panel so you can adjust the time and pressure according to your requirement. Temperature ranges from 0 to 482 Fahrenheit timer can be set from 0 to 999 seconds which is enough for any fabric and item. A pressure adjustment knob to let you adjust the pressure desired by the thickness of the material. This machine will automatically shut-down in case of overheat which means you are entirely on the safe side.
- Platen press size of 15×15’’ which is sufficient for any size of image transfer on a t-shirt.
- LCD control advantage because you can adjust the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit in case you don’t know the conversion.
- With an alarm, it is easy to learn about the completion of heat transfer so you can work faster.
- You can heat transfer vinyl or paper with images to transfer pictures to t-shirts or other garments. It can also transfer colorful images on to textiles like cotton, flax, fiber, etc.
The one thing that people find a little concerned about is the clamshell style because there is a slight probability of accidentally touching the heated platen.
7. Transfer Crafts T-Shirt Heat Press
The Transfer Crafts 15×15 inch heat press is designed for personal and light commercial use. It offers a 15″ x 15″ printing surface that safely and efficiently transfers graphics to t-shirts, garments, bags, mouse pads, jigsaw puzzles, ceramic tiles, plates and other flat surfaced items. Easy to use;
It arrives fully assembled and ready to go out of the box! The machine is equipped with a digital LED temperature and time display/controller. Temp: room temp to 500F, Time: 0-999s. When the timer reaches 0 the machine emits a loud alarm that will prevent overheating your project.
The top-mounted pressure knob allows easy access adjustment of the application pressure according to the thickness of the material you are working on. The heating element is Teflon coated; the non-stick surface will preventing scorching of transfers, and does not require a separate silicone/Teflon sheet.
- Good for small transfers
- Easy to store: 27″ x 18″ x 14″
- Press labels & tags
- Light weight: 50lbs
- Can’t do larger transfers
8. Black Series Heat Press Machine
The HPN Cap Hat Heat Press Machine has become the heat press of choice for those in the profitable cap printing market. This cap press was designed around the customers’ needs – based on extensive market research and a collection of individual customer’s feedback.
The heat press features an exclusive cap hold device that keeps your cap in place during application and transfers. You no longer need an extra pair of hands to keep the cap and transfer from misaligning! Our customers love it and so will you!
Excels in all heat press applications including: heat transfer images, heat transfer vinyl, rhinestones, sublimation, screen printed transfers, Direct to Garment prints and much more.
- Full pressure adjustable low to high pressure clamp
- Digital time and temperature gauge
- Temperature gauge readable in both Fahrenheit and Celsius degree measure
- Micro processor precision heat and temperature gauge with large read out
- Silicon wrapped swing away bar for easy “out of the way” application
- Full range heating coils for quick heat up
- Adjustable timer alarm indicates completion of heat press cycle
- Automatic alarm and time starts when heat press is engaged
- Energy efficient electrical system
- Precision heat adjustment of single degree upward or downward movement
- Automatic alarm and time start when heat press is engaged
- Higher quality machines
- Range of sizes to choose from
- Quality control procedures
- Access to heat press support
- Lacks some top quality features
9. Signature Series Heat Press
Introducing the HPN Signature Series! The quality and reliability of the HPN brand heat presses has been taken to a whole new level with the Signature Series.
The HPN Signature Series is packed with a surplus of features that surely defines why we have coined this our Signature line of heatpress machines. With the inclusion of the unique bottom slide out drawer, an enhanced time/temperature gauge, and the aiding gas shock opening mechanism, our Signature Series line of heat presses has almost certainly become a staple in the industry and a favorite among the heat transfer community.
Designed to be user-friendly, high caliber and competitively priced, the HPN Signature Series line of heat press machines are sure to become a favorite of business owners and heat transfer enthusiasts everywhere.
- A range of auto open options (magnetic release)
- Some with draw style opening
- Upgraded time & temperature gauges
- Gas shock opening for smooth action
- High quality components
- Durable long lasting heat press
- Stylish look & feel
- Upgraded & with special features
- Much more costly
- Not as good as US made
10. Heat Press Bundle
For many who are going into t shirt business, a heat press bundle or business package may be the best option. You can pick up a printer, cutting machine, heat press accessories, and heat press, and pay less than if you’d bought them separately.
Sharing is caring!
I spent multiple hours to put this useful content together! If you learned something and think someone else could benefit from this great article. Don’t be shy and share it on your favorite social media!
By doing that you are also supporting my work!
Add a Comment