Previously we briefly described how to clean Cricut / Silhouette cutting mat in “LINKEDGO CUTTING MATS: GET STICKY FOR SUCCESS”.
In fact, all cutting mat cleaning with sticker for the machine is similar, the difference is for StrongGrip and StandardGrip.
Why are you clean a Cricut / Silhouette Cameo Cutting Mats?
Cleaning them can extend their life. To clean a cameo cutting mat and rejuvenate its stickiness, you can do light cleaning often and deeper cleaning when the mat has gotten excessively dirty. After cleaning no longer makes the mat sticky again, there are also ways to add a new layer of stickiness
How to Clean Cricut / Silhouette mat?
Cleaning a Cameo Cutting Mat (General Cricut / Silhouette Cameo Mat)
(A) Give your clean a cameo cutting mat when it loses some of its stickiness. In order to keep your mat sticky for as long as possible, it’s a good idea to clean it regularly. First scrape it off with a plastic scraper, either Cricut brand or any other type of hard plastic scraper. Then wipe an alcohol-free baby wipe or roll a lint roller over the surface.
- A lint roller is usually stickier than the mat, so it’s able to remove any debris that is stuck to the mat.
- The baby wipes are able to gently wet down the surface and remove debris without damaging the mat.
(B) If you have used your mat repeatedly and it is really lacking stickiness, the surface may need a light scrub. Put a small amount of dish soap and warm water over the surface and scrub it lightly with a soft brush. Then rinse the surface off with warm water.
- If you want to use a sponge on the surface, try a Magic Eraser. This type of sponge will be gentle enough on the surface and it is good at removing residue.
(C) If your cameo cutting mat is very dirty and has no stickiness left, you will need to use a stronger cleaner. Degreasers will cut through whatever is on the surface and remove it. However, they can leave a residue, so the mat needs to be cleaned with soap and water after using a degreaser.
- Using a strong degreaser may diminish the stickiness of the mat. However, you can replenish the stickiness after it is clean and dry.
- Do not use this method frequently, it is best not to exceed 2 times.
(D) Once clean, Air drying or hang it up so that both sides of it are able to dry completely. Whatever type of cleaning you do, it’s important to let the mat dry before using it in the machine again.
- Any remaining moisture will minimize its stickiness and could damage the machine.
- Do not use a towel to dry the mat. Rubbing a towel over the sticky surface will cover it with fibers, minimizing its effectiveness.
Special gift to you
I hope you enjoyed the article!
Don’t forget to share it on your favorite social media
Here’s the Silhouette/Cricut Cutting Mat I choose for my DIY Projcet
You Might Also Like:
Add a Comment