LinkedGo 10 mil Mylar Stencil Sheets
- We’re proud to offer the highest quality stencil material available, authentic Mylar sheets. 10 mil (250 micron) frosted Mylar sheets in 12″x12″ size sheets. Quantity is 10 sheets per pack.
- “10 mil mylar makes a great stencil. the material is very durable but still is flexible enough to conform to curved surfaces and light enough to use easily on vertical surfaces. It also allows a very high degree of detail.
- Use a sharp Xacto knife/Cricut Maker/ Cameo 3-4 you can cut this material no problem. You can also draw on it before hand with a marker to trace your design, but you will need to replace blades quite often to get a smooth cut. It’s also very flexible for bending around different surfaces such as a glass or bottles for etching.
- This material is light enough for applying to vertical and horizontal surfaces. (Use our Repositionable Spray to attach to a wall while stenciling.) Great for arts and crafts, custom lettering, signs, designs, and more. Make sure your stencil is cut with adequate bracing, and leave room on the edges for excess paint.
- Easy to clean? You bet. Just add a little soap and water or paint remover and watch as the paint comes right off. this will both make the process easier for you and produce a cleaner paint job.
- CUTTING the mylar stencil sheet with a cutting machine: place the sheet onto the cutting machine mat, prepare your design program and get your settings ready.
- APPLICATION of the cut stencil: use a repositionable adhesive spray to fix the stencil to a clean and dry surface temporarily. Paint or stain your project & after 1–2 minutes carefully remove the stencil
- ENJOY the results!
WHAT IS MYLAR MADE OF AND WHAT ARE ITS PROPERTIES?
Mylar is a polyester film (or PET) that is use for a variety of industrial applications. It can handle temperatures of -10F to 300F and has a resistance to most chemicals. We can provide a full spec sheet upon request.
CAN THESE STENCIL BLANKS USE FOR IN A LASER CUTTER?
Of course! This is the exact material we use for our stencils here at Stencil Revolution. We’ve tried a variety of materials and found that Mylar is by far the best performing and best looking stencil material available. There is little to no discoloration from cuts and the material reacts great with the laser resulting in minimal melt. This helps us create precision cut stencils that our customers love.
IS IT WASHABLE?
Yes with soap and water it can be wash very easily. That is the beauty of this material, since it is resistant to most chemicals it can handle a variety of paints and cleaners.
HOW DURABLE IS MYLAR? HOW FLEXIBLE IS IT?
Without a knife or pair of scissors you aren’t cutting these blank mylar sheets. With a sharp blade it can be cut fairly easy but you will need to replace blades quite often to get a smooth cut. It’s also very flexible for bending around different surfaces such as a glass or bottles for etching.
Where to Buy 10 Mil Mylar Sheets for Stencil
We recommend going to Amazon.com to buy our products, which will give you a better purchase experience.